Michael D. Saffer enjoys an excellent reputation in all matters related to taxation, estate planning, probate, retirement plans, business entities, corporations, mergers and acquisitions.
As a frequent lecturer and an active member of the community, Attorney Saffer has served as President of local organizations including the Leukemia Society of America, Inc., the Town of Orange Chamber of Commerce, Probus Club and Rotary Club. He was also Chairman of the Orange Board of Health and now serves on the development committee and Professional Advisors Committee of the Community Foundation of Greater New Haven, as well as on the Board of Directors of Milford Hospital.
Attorney Saffer graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and obtained a Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the New England Law School. He also has a Master of Laws degree in Taxation from New York University Law School and a Master of Laws degree from the University of Leeds School of Law in England. He is admitted to practice in all trial and appellate courts in Massachusetts and Connecticut, the United States Supreme Court and the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Saffer has regularly been granted annually the “AV Preeminent” rating, which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. The AV Preeminent rating is based upon a strenuous peer review process, which is managed by the world’s most trusted legal source, Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Saffer was the recipient of the Top Lawyers In Connecticut Award, Highest in Ethical Standards & Professional Excellence.
- New England Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: cum laude
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M. in Taxation
- Leeds University School of Law, Leeds
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.S. in Economics
- Past President, Orange Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Probus Club
- Past President, CT Chapter
- Past Member, National Board of Trustees
- Leukemia Society of America, Inc.
- Past President, Rotary Club
- Past Prelate, Knights of Pythias
- Past Chairman, Orange Board of Health
- Milford Hospital, Inc., Corporate Secretary
- Board of Directors of Milford Hospital, Executive Committee
- Community Foundation of Greater New Haven, Development Committee Ambassador
- Professional Advisory Committee Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Tax Section
- Former Chairman Young Lawyers Tax Session
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Estate Planning
- Retirement Plans
- Business Entities
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Massachusetts, 1965
- Connecticut, 1972
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, Annually
- Top Lawyers In Connecticut Award, 2015
- Citizen of The Year, Orange Chamber of Commerce